Wednesday, May 09, 2007

9 Years Today!!

If you read my wife's blog you will have already learned this but today is our 9th anniversary!! Happy anniversary Sherri! Sadly this is yet another year we won't spend our anniversary day together. No big deal though. We've learned that with this job birthdays and anniversaries will just happen as close as we can get to the actual date. I thought it would be fun to look back at the last few years to see what happened on May 9th.

May 9th, 2001 - drive to Nashville (moving day)
May 9th, 2002 - off at home
May 9th, 2003 - St. Paul, MN
May 9th, 2004 - drive back to Ontario (moving day again)
May 9th, 2005 - off (close to Jeremy's wedding)
May 9th, 2006 - on my way home from Morocco, got stuck at JFK airport in New York after missing a flight home
May 9th, 2007 - on bus (not van at least) playing in North Webster, IN

Well that wasn't too fun after all. Kind of depressing. Last year was the worst. I was actually expecting to make it home for our anniversary then the airlines let me down. Next year is 10 years and it is already slated as OFF so all that is left to do now is make plans!! Woo Hoo!

And now I'd like to reciprocate for what Sherri said in her blog. So here are the top things I appreciate about Sherri.

1) Her ability to be selfless. She is constantly giving of herself to me and to Jonah and that makes it so easy to love her.
2) Her support in all that I do. This doesn't mean she never questions anything (that would be far from true) but Sherri lives a life that many spouses would find difficult, unacceptable or just plain impossible.
3) That she understands me. We have known each other since 1991! Knowing and seeing each other growing up means that she knows me and understands me better than anyone else could. And for that I am grateful!

Happy Anniversary Babe!!!

GL

Thanks Jodi for this pic!!

6 comments:

Sherri Lavender 5/09/2007 8:31 PM  

Aw, thanks babe! I love you! Sorry I got all the comments!

Fred and Wendy 5/09/2007 11:02 PM  

Wendy and I should send our congrats then...sorry you aren't physically together, but you are together in many other ways!

kathryn 5/10/2007 11:48 AM  

well, since Sherri got all the comments, i'll put my comment here!! CONGRATULATIONS, love birds!!! It is hard to believe your special day was almost 1 decade ago?!!!!!

Anonymous,  5/10/2007 1:02 PM  

Happy Anniversary!!

I often admire Sherri for surviving with her husband gone so often as well. Not that she couldn't survive of course! I just know I wouldn't want it for me, especially with the kids! And of course you, without your lovely wife and son so often! But you guys seem to know how to make that lifestyle work!

Steve & I also have known each other since 1991! I didn't realize we had that in common!

Sue Matthews 5/11/2007 9:07 AM  

Happy anniversary. With that track record, I think you really need to do something spectacular for your tenth anniversary next year!

Sherri Lavender 5/11/2007 8:57 PM  

Yes, Sue, there is some talk of celebrating our anniversary by eating Ally's frozen wedding cake for our 10th... In Ireland... I WISH!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP