Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rain Barrel Line Up

At the crack of 7:30AM I left the house to go get a subsidized rain barrel for my yard. I was hoping to get a couple but didn't organize myself fast enough to enlist the help of neighbours. The deal is you can get one from the region for only $30 but only 1 per family/household. First come first served. Anyway, below is a quick little video of the line up Dad and I had to wait in to pick ours up. It was HUGE!!! Our town is crazy about rain barrels I guess!!

The nice thing was we spent the day out in the yard trying to get things looking good. We finished cleaning up and I saw some dark clouds coming so I thought I might be able to get the down spout in place before the rain started, then I would catch myself some rain. I was totally soaked by the end of it but we now have ourselves a full barrel of rain water which we can use for our garden.

2 comments:

kathryn 4/25/2009 7:57 PM  

insanity!! I cannot get up that early on a Saturday morning. . its my only sleep in day! The $60 savings is pretty substantial. . guess that's what creates the humungous line up??

Lynn,  4/27/2009 4:03 PM  

Steve had a similar experience last year, but said your line looked a little longer.

Our city does a pre-order, but then you still have to stand in line for 2hrs (or whatever it takes) to pick it up.

We loved using the rain barrel last summer though!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP