Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On The Edge Of The Dark Sea Of Darkness

An interesting thing about this book is that is was written by one of my label mates, Andrew Peterson. Writing music and books! Wow. Inspiring.

I just spent the weekend in Denmark with my band. A weekend overseas means lots of travel time for reading. A sleepless night while in Denmark also allowed for much reading time! So with all that time to read I just finished Andrew's book "On the Edge Of The Dark Sea Of Darkness."

I like reading children's books. Partly because I'm sort of afraid of reading adult books. They're scary.

If you are into books like Harry Potter or Narnia this book is in that same realm of children's fantasy. Andrew has created quite an imaginary world and has infused his own humour throughout the book. I don't know Andrew all that well but he had me chuckling to myself quite a bit throughout. I'll admit that the beginning felt a bit slow to me but I think that was due in part to learning the characters and the context for the story. Once things got moving I didn't want to put it down. That may have had something to do with my sleepless night in Denmark! And since I read most of it straight through my mind was a little warped. I was thinking about thwaps in my home garden and wondering if I'd have any. And I hoped Slarb, a Fang from Dang wouldn't be anywhere near my children.

Support a great musician and author. Pick up this book and tell your friends about it! While you're there why not grab Andrew's newest album Resurrection Letters Volume 2. I can vouch for the quality of that record too!

GL

2 comments:

Fred and Wendy 5/20/2009 7:28 AM  

I'm awaiting your first Novel: Adventures from the Potato House!"

Kevin,  5/25/2009 3:49 PM  

I tend to read that genre as well, so I'll check it out. Thanks for the mini-review.

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP