Friday, September 23, 2011

Marc Martel's Queen Audition

I've been seeing so many questions since all of this has blown up.  As of this point the views just passed 1 million.  How are you feeling about all of this?  Does this mean Downhere is done?  What's going to happen to your upcoming tour dates?

When Marc sent me the link to this contest I replied with "Tell me you are doing this!"  So I am totally supportive of this whole adventure.  After spending the last 10+ years together, 9 of those in a 15 passenger van, we all know each other quite well.  Any success that one of us has is shared by all of us.   So many of us have known Marc was capable of this for such a long time, it was just a question of when an opportunity like this would come along.  

As for what happens next . . . God only knows.  Downhere has no intentions of stopping.  In fact, our Called To Love tour is about to kick off on October 1st.  We're touring with our good friends Jason Gray and Aaron Shust which will be a blast.  Then we're pretty booked up till after New Year's so we're about to head into a busy season.  Likely a busier season than we originally anticipated but it should be fun!   Time to hold on!



9 comments:

Unknown 9/23/2011 8:53 AM  

You guys ROCK no matter what you're doing! Just glad to see you enjoying the ride !!!

Chris Routly 9/23/2011 8:55 AM  

So thrilled to see where this will take you all, Glenn. :-)

Hoping to get down to see you guys in Lancaster, PA! If your superstar status hasn't risen so high as to make it impossible yet, I'll try to get close enough to say hi!

Anonymous,  9/23/2011 8:57 AM  

Thanks for sharing this...I think very highly of you guys as individuals and as Christ followers.
I hope you have a Ottawa Date....lol

Louis

cleoleo 9/23/2011 9:25 AM  

Love the new album!! You guys stayed with my family about 9 years ago up in MB, so I have been a downhere fan from the beginning. Now I am married and have 3 kids. I enjoy watching and listening to them dance and sing along to your songs :-). Hope you make it to Denver on your tour!!!!

Kiwi D. Fruit 9/23/2011 9:31 AM  

Wow, that dude is really good. Maybe Downhere could tour with the Queen tour?
And if it does take him away from Downhere for a while, maybe you could hold a Marc Martel Sound-alike contest for a temporary replacement. ;) I guess this means I need to try even harder to come to the Called to Love Tour next month!

~Kiwi~

Samuel Ahl,  9/23/2011 10:09 AM  

Well said! Very well said!
What ever happens in the future it will all be in quite capable hands, right?! Cause I think that He knows what He's doing!
So enjoy the ride!

Carrisa 9/23/2011 10:26 AM  

I saw that Tosh.0 had put this video on his blog. Sure he's crude, but he's popular and gets lots of traffic. I think Marc has this one in the bag. And of course this means downhere will sell more music as well. The ears want what the ears want.

TerriS 9/23/2011 10:46 AM  

Fantastic God continues to bless you all & humbling knowing you recognize he is the reason. May you all continue to be blessed & have safe travels in 2011!! Congrats to Marc!!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP