Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sadness and Excitement

I don’t know if I have ever spent more time in one single month talking to my bride. Maybe before kids, maybe while dating, but September of 2014 is one for the books. I’m pretty sure we set some new personal bests. When you sense a major life transition may be approaching a lot of deep conversation is required and that’s exactly what we did. Not only that but much time in prayer seeking what the Lord wanted for us and much time listening to friends, family, pastors and others who the Lord may speak to us through.

The result of all this time and these conversations is I have decided to move on from my position at the Williamsburg Community Chapel. I say this with sadness and excitement. The Chapel has been a real gift to our family in so many ways, more than I can go on about here. The friends we have made, the spiritual growth, the opportunity to learn, the welcome to this community and continuing support, all of this has been overwhelming in a great way. We have been embraced by a large community of people and hope that in some way we have been able to return the favor.

The excitement is found in the unknown of what lies ahead. In all of our conversations and prayer we feel confident that the Lord is at work here moving me out of this role. I have ideas of what could be next. I always have business start up ideas! Maybe that time is now, maybe not. We want to remain open to what the Lord may have for us and the Chapel is being very generous and supportive in giving me till the end of January, if needed, to make this transition.

I'm sure Sherri and I will have many more late night conversations in the coming weeks as we do our best to be on the same page. I'll be sure to update my blog as things progress!

5 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant 10/26/2014 10:39 PM  

I'm sad and also excited for you. Transitions are such interesting times. They bring about a reliance on the Lord that I love, even in the midst of the uncertainty.

Unknown 10/27/2014 9:56 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown 10/27/2014 10:05 AM  

I too have mixed feelings about your leaving the music program at WCC. You brought so much to us outside the 18th century! Hahahaha! Please know you and your precious family are lifted up in prayer as you make your transitions and decisions. You have so many amazing gifts. See you in the "shadowlands" at church.

Shaun Groves 10/27/2014 3:12 PM  

Praying for you here in Nashville...which could always use a great bass player and man. ; )

Stephanie 11/06/2014 10:09 AM  

w-o-w!!! i am gobsmacked. also very excited for you - i think i actually got a jolt of adrenaline when i read the words "move on" and it left me shaking! sad for your church family as i'm sure they adore you, but wow... thank you so much for your witness here and with downhere (which i can't get enough of, by the by. i think i know how fans of the Moody Blues felt when they went on hiatus!) you and your family are in my prayers as you start the next big thing! Godspeed.

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP