Sunday, April 03, 2005

History

OK, just to keep you in the loop. I'm trying to keep up with a reading list I put together after reading Hugh Hewitt's "In, But Not Of". Basically the idea is to get a grasp on the history of western culture. This way we can hopefully understand why certain things happen the way they do. Plus it gives us a deeper understanding of where we came from which I'm discovering is way more important than I thought. One of the guys on my blog list on the right - Dr. Grant - is the guy who has really got me thinking this way. So anyway here's where I'm starting. The Gifts of The Jews: How A Tribe of Desert Nomads Changed the Way Everyone Thinks and Feels – Thomas Cahill.
So far it hasn't captured me like I hoped it would but hopefully it will get there. I'll keep you posted.

GL

0 comments:

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP