Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yet another personal best!

I know I talk a lot about running here but hey, it has become an important part of my life, and yesterday I just had such a great run that I have to share.

First off, I try to run every other day for about an hour. An hour of running for me equals around 7 miles now. I’ve got a few routes that I run regularly, a couple at home in Cambridge and a good one in Tennessee. Each of them are 7 mile loops.

After I wrote my last blog about the Goji Berry my good friend Wes gave me a call and wanted to know what the Goji juice has done for me. It’s a hard question to answer really because you can’t verify anything. But I do know that a few things seem different for me since I started drinking the juice. My running is the most noticeable.

Until about a month and a half ago running 7 miles in an hour was pretty rare for me. I was normally around 6.5 miles per hour. To try and push it to 7 always required significant effort and would wear me out. The times I did get 7 miles I would be pretty wasted after. In the last few weeks my times have just been getting faster and faster. It’s like a new personal best every run! Yesterday just topped everything off. Since I’ve had so many great sub hour 7 mile runs I was curious to see if I could maintain that speed for any longer than an hour. So I decided to do two laps of my 7 mile loop here in Franklin TN. I managed to finish 14 miles in 1:57. That means I ran a half marathon about 10 minutes faster than ever before and I was able to maintain my pace and still feel great.

Again, I don’t know for sure it was the juice. I also did read a pretty inspirational book by Dean Karnazes, which you can read about in this blog. It looks like I’m not the only one getting some advantage from Goji juice for running though. Check out this link about 3 guys running across the Sahara.

My only fear now is that I’ll somehow suddenly revert back to my slower running. I don’t think it will happen. I feel like I’ve increased my base speed enough so slowing down would be a choice. Anyway, enough about that.

Glenn
To visit my Goji Juice site click here.

4 comments:

Krista 12/13/2006 9:43 AM  

That's really awesome Glenn! I might have to become a customer! :)

Well done - those times are amazing!

Thiago Barbosa 12/15/2006 10:52 PM  

Cool!!! You got a new customer!

I wondering to ask you about the downhere's videos....?!
did you edited those?
Because it's really awesome!

And I have recorded last time that you guys came to my church...! If you want I can send!

Thiago Barbosa 12/16/2006 11:11 PM  

Hey Glenn... what's up!?

So who's keep the blog up it's one of "The Brothers"... I'm the Oldest, my name is Thiago!
Probably you don't remember me. But you, Jessica and David slept at my home on that weekend. I didn't see you. When I came to home you guys were sleeping! haha!

About the videos, I knew it that you edited those because I saw something at final credits of the one video. hahaha!

by the way, I Don't know if youknow that Downhere has 4 communities at ORKUT.com
And the weird thing is that the most of members of those communities are BRAZILIANS!
If you have a change go there and make a search like "DOWNHERE" in all languages... than you'll see!

Anonymous,  12/20/2006 10:09 PM  

If you've been faithful in building your base miles, you've been building huge gains in edurance, so the speed comes more 'easily'. Taking a solid 10 minutes off a long run is impressive. I don't know anything about the juice, but my money is on the base training.

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP