Monday, April 02, 2007

Juno Awards and A Birthday Idea

I think most of the people I know who read this will already know that we won a Juno for Contemporary Christian / Gospel Album Of The Year. We are very excited as this is the biggest award you can get in music in Canada. We were able to spend the weekend in Saskatoon and take in all the festivities.

We were treated to quite an evening on the night our award was given out. We all found it rather humorous that only 24 hours previous to us accepting our Juno we were sitting in a parking lot with a wheel broken off of our trailer. Now, we are walking around getting great tasting hors d’oeuvres, sipping our drinking and rubbing shoulders with the who’s who in the Canadian music industry. Then, we had dirty hands and sweaty shirts and had to try and trouble shoot a way to make it to the gig on time. Irony seems to be the way with us.

The big show, the one that is televised, was great. They really did a great job. I’m not a fan of Nelly Furtado really but I think they did the right thing when planning for her to host. Like Jeremy said, they really played up her ditzy side. And I think that was a good plan. We couldn’t believe how many awards she won. I think it turned into the Nelly Furtado show.

We didn’t know many of the artists that played but I did get to sit next to a Canadian Idol judge. I’ll post that picture when I get it off my phone. And speaking of phones . . . onto my birthday.

Yes it’s a few months away but I couldn’t resist letting you know about this. Apparently Steve jobs wanted to give all my friends the perfect opportunity to give me a great birthday gift. Rumor has it (here and here)that the iPhone will be released on June 11th which is, of course, my birthday. So thank you Steve and I look forward to opening the box when I get it from all of my loyal Blog readers. Thank you in advance!

Glenn

5 comments:

Sue Matthews 4/02/2007 10:02 AM  

Hey Glenn,

Congratulations on the Juno. I didn't watch the whole show, but I did happen to flip past when they were showing the awards that were handed out earlier, so I did manage to see you guys winning your award. Cool!

And, ummm, I'll start looking into the iPhone thing. You should start waiting by your mailbox for that...

Sherri Lavender 4/02/2007 8:02 PM  

Oh, so if you get a new cell phone, that means I can replace MY broken cell phone with your 'old' still mostly new & very functional one! Yeah, that sounds like a fair deal! Woo hoo! I get a "new" phone!

Sherri Lavender 4/02/2007 8:04 PM  

WAIT A SECOND HERE! This means I get a "new" iPod too!!!!!!!!!! To replace the broken one I have... oh wait, I don't even HAVE an iPod yet!

kathryn 4/02/2007 11:41 PM  

we taped the show as Sunday was too chaotic around here. We watched it 2nite. We saw that little clip of you guys receiving your award!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN TO YOU GUYS!!! The show seemed pretty chaotic and choppy on tv anyway. Nelly Furtado did seem quite ditzy - i wasn't really diggin' her hosting style, but to each their own. The Hip was great! Enjoyed the guy from Quebec and i loved that number with the DJ, the cool singer and all the guitars!

Holly 4/03/2007 8:47 AM  

Woo hoo! Congrats again, and thanks for the heads up on Saturday night! :-) I'm looking forward to finding the clip of you guys on YouTube at some point! :-)

And about the phones/iPods - you and Sherri sound like me and Robert trading our 'old' phones with each other! He wants me to switch to Cingular anyway, so who knows... I'm still waiting for my 1st iPod too though, Sherri!!! :-D

- holly

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP