Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pre Marathon Report

Well today I did my final run before the Nashville Marathon. It's actually called the Country Music Marathon but I can't allow myself to call it that. I'm hoping all the country music along the route will only make me run faster so that I can get away from it!

Well I think it's time I set out some of my goals here that I have been working towards. I ran the Toronto Marathon back in October in 4:25 I think. And my very first marathon, the Disney Marathon, I ran in 4:30. So my plan for this run is to complete the marathon in 3:40 which is a good 40-50 minutes faster than my other two. Actually my primary goal is to finish, secondary to finish under 4 hours and lastly to finish in 3:40. If I pull it off I'll be pretty darn proud. I'll likely never be able to knock that much time off of a race ever again.

My training run that covered the full marathon distance was covered in 3:53 so I know I can do a sub four hour run and I know I am in shape for this. Likely the best shape of my life. In fact, after that 3:53 training run I felt pretty good so I'm convinced I could have run harder. So that's what I plan on doing on Saturday. One of my favorite Dean Karnazes - Ultra Marathon Man quotes is "Pain eliminates weakness." I plan on trying to eliminate some weakness this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

GL

5 comments:

Anonymous,  4/27/2007 9:01 AM  

Glenn,

Good luck with the marathon.

I will actually be in Nashville this weekend with another friend who is running the marathon also. He is dragging me to the country music concert that evening. I hope I survive.

Brian Wittenberg

Anonymous,  4/27/2007 11:26 PM  

i'd run away from country music too!!! maybe if you put country music on your ipod you'll run faster?! lol. . pain eliminates weakness, eh? Well, i must be VERY strong!!! lol again!

Enjoy your race.

Anonymous,  4/27/2007 11:27 PM  

oops, forgot to identify, that was me, kat. i'm having huge probs with stupid Blogger not recognizing my password.

Anonymous,  4/28/2007 11:38 PM  

Going by Mark's blog, it looks like you met your goal! :) Congratulations Glenn!! :)

Anonymous,  4/30/2007 3:56 PM  

It was great meeting you outside the porta-potties before the race. I'm looking forward to seeing how God uses that brief encounter to help children on the other side of the world through Team World Vision Appalachia. You Rock!!!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP