Sunday, July 22, 2007

Good old Peanut Butter

Well I haven't been in Sweden for a couple of weeks now so I guess it's time to update ye olde blog. I wish I was still running like I did in Sweden though. I had my fastest 8 miles ever while there. I ran 8 miles in 59:30 and that's with taking all of my walk breaks except for one. I take a 1 minute walk break after every 9 minutes of running.

Anyway, I've been on a bit of a peanut butter kick for the last few months and it turns out it was a smart move. Check out this article I found on Runnersworld.com.


PEANUT BUTTER A GREAT RUNNER'S FOOD
It sticks to your mouth-and to your muscles

We all know that peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. But do you know that peanut butter might also help you "stick it out" during a hard workout or an intense race? It's true. In fact, peanut butter-yes, that sticky companion to jelly on all those sandwiches your mom made-just might be the best runner's food on the planet.

"When it comes to the food choices runners can make, you can't do much better than peanut butter," says sports dietitian Nancy Clark, author of Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook.
To read the full article go here.

As an aside, while I was in Northern Ireland a couple of years ago we were having sandwiches at a friends house. I decided to have a peanut butter and jam sandwich. The mention of this combination was too much for our host. She couldn't believe I would possibly put those two things together. Funny how a staple sandwich here doesn't even exist there. Then again we don't often have an Ulster Fry here do we? To find out what an Ulster Fry is you may have to ask our resident Northern Ireland blogger Supersimbo.

Glenn

2 comments:

Mark 7/23/2007 1:02 AM  

8 miles in 59:30? Wow ... I'm slow.

Krista 7/23/2007 1:21 PM  

Yeah - that's a pretty sweet time bro!

One thing about the PB - you are eating 'peanut only' peanut butter right? :)

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP