Monday, May 26, 2008

Iron Man over Indiana Jones

My Dad and I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on Friday. First the positives. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie ever since I saw the preview. For Indy fans I don't think it will disappoint. Harrison Ford does a great job at playing an older Indy but still the fierce unassuming professor that we all loved from the original. The effects were great as expected, and the sound was awesome. I thought they even made an effort to make the movie look like the old ones. Whether they used the same techniques as they did in the previous Indy's I have no idea but either way it was definitely a fun big screen movie to watch.
The negatives - I watched the second installment of National Treasure a few weeks back. It was in a cheap theater and my expectations were quite low. I hate to say it but watching Indy kind of felt like I was just watching more of the same. They even used a similar trap door/secret opening type of idea. When I saw that the connection was forever made. The kid who plays Indy's son had what I thought was a pretty stupid habit in the movie of always combing his hair. It reminded me of one of Lucas's other annoying characters Jar Jar Binks. Maybe he thought he needed that character trait for some reason but it was just over the top for me.

Don't get me wrong I still liked the movie but if you were going to the theater today to watch a movie I would recommend Iron Man over Indy for sure. I found Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Iron Man to be quite enjoyable to watch. I wouldn't want to know the guy but man was he entertaining. I know nothing about the comic book story and I went in not knowing anything about the movie but the story was great, over the top, but great. I liked the acting and especially the Iron Man character. Plus when they finally play the song Iron Man you just feel like it is so right.

Ok, enough about movies.

Glenn

2 comments:

Mark Baker 5/28/2008 1:21 PM  

Funny. I liked Indy way better than Iron Man. Of course, I thought Speed Racer and Narnia topped those two.

Bima Anggara 8/10/2008 9:43 AM  

OPEN THIS BLOG "BIMAANGGARA-IRONMAN.BLOGSPOT.COM"(IM BIMA)

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP