Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Power of Google

Thanks to commenter "Carla" for pointing this out. It's pretty incredible. If you search this phrase "render chicken blood" my last post shows up as the first result!!! I only wrote that 15 hours ago! And now that I've written this post I'm guessing I have cornered the market on rendering chicken blood with Google. I'm not even really sure what to do with rendered chicken blood. Although I would definitely use it for composting if I had it. Blood is supposed to be a good addition to the compost pile!

By the way, the power of blogging has come knocking hard on my door recently. I hope to be able to share about it soon but I want to make sure I don't speak out of turn. I will keep you in the loop!

GL

4 comments:

Anonymous,  11/14/2008 3:02 PM  

Hmmm...First, chicken butt, now chicken blood. Do I sense a trend here?

As I was off work today and had time for some silliness, I decided to do an experiment. I did a series of three-word searches in Google combining the following names along with the word "chicken" (e.g. Glenn Lavender chicken, Colonel Sanders chicken, etc.) and got the following results count for each:
Jeremy Thiessen 54,600; Tim Hortons 111,000; Marc Martel 127,000; Jason Germain 128,000; Colonel Sanders 168,000; and finally, Glenn Lavender 288,000!

It looks like you're the new Google chicken king, Glenn! Congratulations!

Hello 11/14/2008 3:41 PM  

Wow, you have more hits than The Colonel and Tim Hortons. It probably helps that blogger is owned by "The Google". But now what will you do with this awesome chicken responsibility?

Kiwi da Fruit 11/14/2008 6:06 PM  

Ah, yes, now millions of people will just randomly look up 'Glenn Lavender Chicken' on Google and find your blog. You'll end up having the most popular 'Chicken' blog on the web! =D
That's odd, how your blog comes up first. Aren't there a lot of other articles that could come up instead?
~Kiwifruit

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP