Friday, February 08, 2008

Scary?


The other I day I was wearing the t-shirt pictured above. A free photoshoot shirt I might add. Anyway, it was supper time with my parents, my nephew Miles, my son Jonah and my wife. My sister Tracy was out for a run.

I like to mess with the boys often. Just little things like, I may be spreading butter on bread and Miles will come up to me and say, "Uncle Glenn, what are you doing?" and I'll respond with something like, "building an airplane" or "standing on my head" to which he always says nooooo and laughs. You know, the kind of thing Uncles and Daddy's have been doing for years. At some point during our meal I took off my sweater and revealed the scary tiger. One of the boys asked something about the tiger on my shirt. I said that if little boys didn't finish their meal that this tiger may jump out of my shirt and bite their heads off! Maybe a little too drastic. After that comment they were both legitimately scared. Miles kinda cuddled into Grandma and Jonah said something like "Nooo Daddy" with a bit of a grin and the sound of unbelief in his voice but still little bit of fear in his eyes.

They got back to eating but I could tell they were more scared than I anticipated so at that point the tiger started to get sleepy. Have I mentioned how loud supper can be? We needed to talk much more quietly in order for the tiger to fall asleep. Eventually he did fall asleep so I put my sweater back on. The rest of the meal was so peaceful. We all spoke in whispers and if anyone said something in normal voice the boys would shush them. If I even motioned at unzipping my sweater the whispers got loud in a hurry telling me not to do it.

Jonah and Miles both told me a few times that I should go and change my shirt but I had way too much control wearing it to do that. So I left it on until we left the table.

The next morning after waking up and coming upstairs for breakfast the first thing Miles said to me was something like, "You're not wearing your tiger shirt right Uncle Glenn?". So I guess that whole ordeal was pretty serious. Hopefully their weren't any bad dreams to go with it. All I know is that those boys better behave or the tiger may have to come back out.

GL

3 comments:

Hello 2/08/2008 9:25 PM  

That's so awesome. I need a shirt like that.

By the way, I use a similar tactic if Caleb whines too much at the littlest bump or fall... "What's the matter? Did a purple polka-dot hippopotamus sit on you?" That usually turns the crocodile tears into giggles in no time.

kathryn 2/08/2008 11:40 PM  

HILARIOUS!!! grrrrrowl!!! who needs Tony? Tony's a wuss. . your tiger is way tougher!

PERU 2007 2/15/2008 10:23 AM  

man Glenn your a scary guy, but hey if it works why not....

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP