Friday, March 07, 2008

Winter and Daylight Saving Time


I can't count how many times I've seen that "Storm Watch" bar across the top of my local forecast web site this winter. It's been unbelievable. Someone told me yesterday that we've had more snow this year than the last three combined! Not sure if it's true but I would not be surprised. Don't get me wrong, if it's going to be cold I prefer to have the storms I'm just surprised at how many we've had. However, Spring IS coming. And with that in mind . . .



Daylight Saving Time is just about here. (That is no typo, it is "Saving" not "SavingS") I don't know about you but this two weeks earlier bit is looking to be pretty great around here. It'll be nice to complete supper and still have some daylight left. So don't forget, the official clock change time is Sunday March 9th at 2AM!

GL

4 comments:

Krista 3/07/2008 11:54 AM  

Dang! I like to have the light in the morning because that's when I like to run! So, now on top of all the ice and snow - it's still going to be dark till 7:30! Can't win! ;-)

Mark Baker 3/07/2008 12:31 PM  

So, do you have to be up at 2 AM to change the time? :)

I like having the light later in the day, but I don't like the fact that it will now be darker when I get up in the morning and go for my walk/run. Still, it's always a sing that Spring and Summer are right around the corner, so that excites me.

Selina J 3/07/2008 3:05 PM  

Old man winter can suck it as far as I'm concerned! I'm done with winter.

This better be the last storm!!!

Oh, when you change your clocks, don't forget the smoke alarms...

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAlP3zO2rQ

(sorta depressing... but worth the watch)

Anonymous,  3/09/2008 12:01 AM  

I don't know about the after effects of the clock change, but I hate losing that hour at the time!

Speaking of which, I better change the clocks and get to bed!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP