Saturday, October 11, 2008

Moving Sidewalks

I'm sitting here at the Chicago Midway airport at Gate B25 which is at the very end of the B Concourse. In order to get here there is a bit of a walk so the airport has thoughtfully installed some moving sidewalks. Now I have a thing about moving sidewalks and escalators when I'm traveling. I figure since I am doing so much sitting when I travel that I should try to be moving when it is an option. So even if I'm on an escalator I'll trudge my way up. The moving sidewalk though can be quite the frustrating experience. Just because the floor is moving it doesn't really mean you have to stop!! In fact, if you continue to walk you will be surprised how fast you are moving. Getting stuck behind these people who like to stand on the moving sideWALK is very frustrating to me. I just can't get over it. Today I couldn't help it, I laughed out loud while passing some "standers" on the moving sidewalk. It just seemed so ridiculous and funny. That's my rant for today.


Here's a great comedy bit from Brian Regan about flying. Near the end of this clip he talks about the moving sidewalk.

GL

4 comments:

Anonymous,  10/11/2008 2:26 PM  

Hey Glenn, you're welcome for the great review. You guys are great for Christian music, I hope many others start recognizing your talent and love for God.

I see we share fondness for Brian Regan. My friends and I in college used to listen to him for hours. And his quotes are a regular occurrence around our house with my wife and I too!

Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading your blog.

kathryn 10/11/2008 2:50 PM  

we had fun on our trip at the airports, walking REALLY fast on these suckers!!! It was fun, except for when they end and you have a few feet of carpet, then another one starts up. . have to weave and dodge through the 'standers'. We took stairs every time and nixed the escalators! everyone's getting too lazy with such devices (of course ppl with disabilities, that's a different thing)

kathryn 10/11/2008 3:02 PM  

just watched the clip. . HILARIOUS!!!! we lucked out this time around. . tons of leg room (which we value greatly) and window seats both ways.

Anonymous,  10/24/2008 12:50 PM  

I amso glad I am not the only one who gets frustrated with standers on the moving sidewalk. Recently, my sister and I were on a flight that was late arriving. And we had to transfer to another plane, which happened to be on the far side of the airport, 4 terminals and many, many gates away. Dodging around people on the moving sideways is not cool. If they aren't in a rush, they should walk in the regular walking area! reserve it for us poor suckers that are late, late, late :-P

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP