Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Proud Daddy Moment

My 3 year old son Jonah has his own drum kit and today we decided to try and fix the tuning of the floor tom. So Daddy went to work on it with the drum key, trying to get the weird rattle out of it and give it some tone. As much tone as you can get from a cheap kids drum kit anyway. I finally got it to a place where I thought it was sounding pretty good when Jonah said, not sounding too impressed, "It sounds like my other tom now!"
Sherri and I looked at each other and I asked him to go and play the other tom. He walked over and hit it and what do you know, it was exactly the same pitch! And it's not like he had been just playing it or anything. Somehow I had tuned the floor tom to the same note as the 2nd rack tom. Anyway, it seems like he's got a pretty good ear. We're guessing he's got his Uncle Mark's ear.
So yes, I'm a proud Daddy once again!

GL

2 comments:

Anonymous,  12/03/2007 7:58 PM  

what a cute 'little drummer boy'!!

Mark 1/13/2008 1:54 AM  

Thanks for the compliment! It got me thinking that I haven't been using that musical "ear" of mine for awhile. Time to go back to the roots, or time to start something new? Hrmmmm ... something to think about.

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP