Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Missoula Marathon

Well sorry I sort of dropped off the map here in the last few days. This latest band trip that I’m on we decided that my 4 year old son Jonah would come with me. So flying to Billings Montana, then driving 5 hours to Missoula, running a marathon then playing a show then driving another 5-6 hours back past Billings to arrive at camp, all with Jonah, has made keeping up with my blog low on the priority list.

That being said, thank you so much to those of you who gave in support of World Vision for my run! The response was much more than I expected. Last time I was able to check (internet is kinda limited where I am) you had given $825 towards buying goats for families in need through World Vision!! That is awesome! I really liked how the whole World Vision system worked for raising money through the race and I hope to do it again sometime in the future. If you are able to give something I would love to reach that $1000 goal I set, we’re only $125 away! I know the race is over so this will be the last time I mention it. Thanks again!

About the race! Temperature was beautiful, scenery was awesome, support was great and the food at the end was better than any other race. I’ve never run in a race so small before so that was kinda fun too. Being able to catch up to the guy in first place, if I really wanted to, for the first couple of miles just made me smile the whole time. I found it kind of funny! It seemed like there were more experienced runners in this one. I guess that may have had to do with the size of it. I think the marathon had less than 500 people. I ran pretty well and right on track for about the first 18-19 miles but after that I just ran out of steam. I literally saw my sub 3:30 goal run right past me at the 23 mile mark and I was on track most of the race to do a 3:20!! I can blame it on any number of things from my lack of sleep in the 3-4 days previous, (one of those nights was spent sleeping two hours in a van and two on the floor of the Midway airport in Chicago) to the altitude. But really what I know it comes down to is I didn’t train quite as well as I should have for the time goal I had. I think I had forgotten to respect the marathon distance. That won’t happen next time! I still ran a 3:37 though so I can’t complain about that! I will however just do some nice easy fun running for the next month or two. No training type at all. A bit of a break will do me well.

I’ll try to get a pic of Jeremy and I up here when I am able. Or maybe just check his blog, he may have already posted one! (My internet access right now is kinda sketchy!)

GL

4 comments:

Holly 7/17/2008 10:03 AM  

Well hey, good job anyway!! I'm still always impressed that you can do a marathon at all, much less how fast you do it. And quite impressive under those lack-of-sleep conditions! The last few miles must have been the ones that weren't "sponsored"!

kathryn 7/19/2008 2:52 PM  

Glenn, your running career is really something to be proud of! Sounds like you're waaay too busy lately, all good stuff, but i'm sure it all, together, takes its toll. And now especially, the anticipation of the baby's imminent arrival, and another 'new baby' with the soon-to-be-released album. . . God is GREAT!

bluesky 7/21/2008 8:17 AM  

A great supporter of World Vision is AIDtoCHILDREN.com.

AIDtoCHILDREN.com is a dual-purpose site for building an English
vocabulary and raising money for under privileged children in the most
impoverished places around the world.

Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com

assikilo aka ася 7/24/2008 4:25 AM  

Thanks again!About the race! Temperature was beautiful, scenery was awesome, support was great and the food at the end was better than any other race

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP