Sunday, November 13, 2005

Inhibited

I’m sitting in a hotel in Valdosta, GA after a spending a great weekend in Florida with a bunch of middle schooler’s and some highschooler’s. We were at a United Methodist Camp/Retreat center, which was surrounded by a lake. It was quite pretty and the weather was perfect, especially for a Canadian in November. You can check out some pics of our good times at our road manager Jessica's blog.

There was a guest speaker there from Minneapolis named Bob Stromburg. He was a speaker/stand-up comedian/physical comedian/actor/hand shadow-puppet master. He did a great job with these students and kept their attention the whole time, which is no small feat for a speaker. He certainly held my attention.

One thing that stood out to me was his lack of inhibition. I think being a comedian and also being an actor makes it necessary and also allows him the freedom to be inhibited. He did some pretty crazy stuff that if he just pulled it off on a street corner somewhere you would likely think something was wrong with him mentally. He also memorized quite a big section of text from The Message (the sermon on the mount) and reenacted that sermon being preached as if it was today. Not something he could have done if he was an inhibited type of person.

This all just reminded me of my own inhibition and how it bothers me. I was talking to my wife about this tonight and she kinda feels the same way. So I figure we’re not the only ones. I bet some people who read my blog feel like this too! So . . . what to do? I’m not sure. I’m thinking maybe some dance lessons, or acting lessons, or acrobat lessons, or . . . I don’t know. Anyway, these are just some random thoughts going through my head tonight.

Some other lesson options: Tae-Kwon-Do . . . Karate . . . Judo . . . Sumo . . . clown . . . Santa . . .

GL

p.s. Sorry about the advertisements at the top of my blog. Sometimes they are a little inappropriate. Booourns to myblogsite when that happens.

0 comments:

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP