Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Running Map Pics


Fargo, ND - It's Really Nice

I found this really nice path along the river and through some parks. Anytime I can find a run that takes me past a river, a lake, or any sort of body of water it seems to satiate my aesthetic appetite. I saw a sign that said "Welcome to Fargo, the city of parks." I was really impressed with the city. If you have seen the movie it kind of takes away from the fact that it's actually a decent town.

You can see at the bottom of the map where I cross over the river at 1st ave. At this point I had no idea where I was going, I just followed a rough map on my GPS. It doesn't tell you where streets are but it will show you where you started and from that it's possible to navigate your way back to the beginning. So you can see a bit of weaving in and out of streets through the downtown area after I crossed that bridge. 6.3mi in 58:00. Not too impressive but hey at least I'm running!!


Lakota, IA

The first of four running maps made with my Garmin Forerunner 201 GPS watch. I used the data from the watch and input it into GPSVisualizer.com to come up with the maps I have here.

Jeremy and I had run through the flat country of Iowa. You can't really tell from this picture but we were out in the sticks and it was beautiful. It was warmer than usual for this time of year which meant we were still able to run with shorts on. Making the switch to pants is always depressing. Running in the country on a cool, not too windy day is always great.


Chanhassen, MN - Run #1

We had about six days in the Minneapolis area last week with most of them being off days. We spent some time at the Mall of America and also got some time for running. So this is the first run I did. Jeremy ran with me for the first half of the run then turned back to get some lifting in. This is a really pretty area. Lots of lakes and nice trails to run on too. A guy passed me on what looked like cross country skis with wheels on them and there were lots of dogs out for walks too. I also passed a man who was walking his cat in a little wheeled cage! Weird.

This run was 9.56mi and 1.5hr. My watch tells me I burned 1179 calories! I think that's low. That was my longest run in a while and it felt great!



Chanhassen, MN - Run #2

I decided to try another route this day. There was a nice paved trail along the road which worked out great. Not quite as nice as running along a river or anything but it's always good when you can avoid running on the road. It's funny looking at the map because I only remember seeing one of those lakes while I was running. There are so many bodies of water up there!

I didn't have a planned route to run when I left but with the help of my little Garmin Forerunner 201 I was able to run pretty much the exact distance I wanted to. Totals for that run were 7.43mi in 1:10 and 1004 calories.

0 comments:

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP