Thursday, November 24, 2005

Snowy U.S. Thanksgiving Run

After about three weeks off from running, I wait until it's -8C, snowing and quite windy to get started again. On top of that I brought my boy Jonah too. That Chariot stroller is great for just about any weather though. Jonah even slept for about 30 minutes!!
The interesting thing I've found about running is that my first 10-20 minutes is quite often the hardest. It's almost like I'm not totally warmed up until I've run two miles! That's especially true in weather like this.

Happy Thanksgiving my American friends and aliens!!

Even if you don't live in the U.S., any excuse to be reminded to be thankful is always good. I heard a great sermon about how we really don't deserve anything we have. I'm not going to go into it anymore than that because I'll likely ruin the point but having an attitude of thankfulness and not an expectation of receiving what you deserve, always goes over better. So think about what you are thankful for, even the smallest things, and give thanks to God, the giver of everything.

GL

1 comments:

kathryn 12/01/2005 2:37 PM  

that's an adorable picture! Jonah is sooo cute!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP