Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Icy Run

I thought this would be a fun thing to share. On February 22nd I was in Wacovia, MN with my band "downhere" and I decided to go for a run. Below is my route. I created the image using my Garmin Forerunner 201 (a gps unit), a web site (http://www.gpsvisualizer.com) and GoogleEarth for Mac. And yes, I did run straight across the lake.

Being February in Minnesota it was obviously frozen. I passed quite a few fishing huts. It was actually a nice warm day. I ended up taking off my sweater when I got to that island so I ran with just a long sleeved shirt and a t-shirt. And pants of course! Warm meaning about -2C (or 28F) and sunny.

Click on the picture to see it a little bigger.

The run ended up being a little over 7 miles and took me a little over an hour. Not too bad for a winter run across a lake!

My next marathon is booked so it's time to get back into marathon shape. Official training starts on Easter! More to come on that soon.

GL

3 comments:

Tracy 3/07/2006 12:18 PM  

Wasn't that a slippery run?

Hey, you guys should start a marathon training blog, so you can keep each other up to date on your training and encourage each other.

Krista 3/07/2006 1:06 PM  

Great idea Tracy! What do you think Glenn?

That must have been a cool run! I love when it's cold, but sunny and zero windchill! Awesome for running - if you can find a clear path to run on:) I can't wait for Spring, and running on nature trails!

I need to get my Garmin ordered!

kathryn 3/07/2006 11:36 PM  

i haven't run across a frozen lake, but i've skiied across one! you crazy runners. . . brrrrr. . . good on ya. . whatever floats your boat! Robbie and I walked for an hour and 15 minutes today. . it was great!

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP