Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Downhere Best of 2008!

Wow!! I am humbled by this. We were selected for the number 1 album of 2008 at newreleasetuesday.com! What a privilege it is to make music with Jason, Marc and Jeremy on an almost daily basis. Not to sound like an acceptence speech or anything but this album wouldn't have been made or sounded nearly as good without our label Centricity Music and our producers Stephen Gause and Mark Heimermann. And thank you Kevin Davis and everyone else at newreleasetuesday.com for giving us this huge honor.

Read the full article here.

Here's what was said about our album:

01. DOWNHERE - ENDING IS BEGINNING - SEPTEMBER 23, 2008
My most anticipated album all-year has been this gem by my favorite band downhere. Sometimes an album doesn't live up to the hype after an excellent album like Wide-Eyed And Mystified, but this album is amazing, every song. As a major fan of the Canadian band downhere since their Dove Award winning debut in 2001 and Best New Artist 2001, this band has only managed to get better this decade putting them in the ranks of my other favorite bands Jars of Clay, MercyMe and Sanctus Real, with their Brit-Rock sound being a blend of all of those great CCM artists and also the driving alternative rock that has made Coldplay an international sensation.

Ending Is Beginning immediately grabs you with the opening track "Bleed For This Love," written in the person of Jesus and is a moving portrayal of His sacrifice and love. Next, the first single "Here I Am," based on my favorite passage of the Bible, Isaiah 6:8 stirs me to answer my calling as a Christian to do God's will. The next 4 tracks "Cathedral Made Of People," "My Last Amen," "Hope Is Rising," and "Something Heavenly" are among the best songs ever by this great band, both musically and lyrically and the harmonizing of Marc Martel and Jason Germain has never been better. The album doesn't have any filler songs and actually closes as strong as it starts with "Live For You," "The Beggar Who Gives Alms" and the anthemic and moving "How Many Kings" as a bonus track, originally on last year's Christmas album Bethlehem Skyline.

For me, this album is truly 5 stars (98% perfect) and is my top album of 2008!

10 comments:

Kiwi da Fruit 12/17/2008 3:31 PM  

Wow, awesome! Your album definitely deserves that title. I can't remember if your official Downhere site has all the songs from the album on it, but the ones I can hear are great.
CDs are monopolizing my Christmas list.
~Kiwifruit

Anonymous,  12/17/2008 3:52 PM  

Congrats! You totally deserve it. You are my favorite band hands down. (I'm the blog girl you met in Tulsa recently)

Coming Back Home might be my favorite fun track off the new cd. I love to turn it up full blast and rock out.

Hello 12/17/2008 4:43 PM  

Hey we knew it all along... I gave three away with this condition: If you like it, you have to tell somebody about it. If you don't like it, you have to give it back! I didn't get a single one back. :)

Congratulations!

Kaitlyn Luce 12/17/2008 5:37 PM  

Thanks for posting that, Glenn! I've known all along that this album was going to be epic for you guys!

Anonymous,  12/17/2008 9:38 PM  

TOTAL WOW HOW AMAZING IS THIS

You guys are soaring to bigger and better places and this year will be even better

Keeping, sing, worshipping and wrtiting new material you guys deserve this more than ever

God Bless you and your ministry

Alexis

Matthew Cook 12/17/2008 11:27 PM  

Ah, that's wünderschön, Glenn. If I remember correctly, Ending is Beginning is the only CD I've bought all year. The band's music (each of the albums in a playlist on my computer, iPod, and at work...lol) has kept me going this year like never before.

kathryn 12/17/2008 11:35 PM  

SO happy for you all!!!! YESSS! WHAT GREAT NEWS!

Toto 12/18/2008 6:19 PM  

SON INCREIBLES!!! (YOU'RE AWESOME!!)

SE LO MERECIAN, ENDING IS BEGGINING ES HERMOSO!

(YOU DESERVE IT, THE ALBUM IS BEAUTIFUL)

Felicitaciones!! (congrats!!)

Holly 12/19/2008 6:28 PM  

You made the top of Andy's list on CMCentral.com too!

http://www.cmcentral.com/special/8422.html

AWESOME! :-D

Anonymous,  1/04/2009 1:51 AM  

You all did a such a great job on your new album! I listen to it all the time now. I wish you all God's blessing and inspiration in the new year and hope you keep on releasing more albums!!!

Blog Archive

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP