Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pre Detroit Marathon Report

So Sunday will be my 4th marathon. I'm looking forward to it. I'm running the Detroit Free Press Marathon. This marathon runs over the Ambassador Bridge into Canada and then back through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel back to the U.S. Here's a link to my first post about it with more info.

Below is a graph of my weekly totals for running since the beginning of May, or just after my last marathon. I think I maxed around the right time. Hopefully it wasn't too early.


My goal for this marathon is to just feel strong throughout the whole thing. I want to finish in decent time but mostly I don't want to feel crummy for the last 5 or 6 miles. My plan was to run 30 miles two weeks ago but it just didn't happen. When I'm on the road it's hard to squeeze in a 4-5 hour run. At least I ran 26.2 in warm humid weather then set up our gear for a show then played a concert. So maybe that equals almost 30 miles.

For time, I don't think I'll be cutting another 40 minutes off my previous race time but I would love to beat my Nashville time of 3:40. 3:30 would be amazing but I might be pushing it to do that. No promises here. I always train with walking breaks but in order to gain some time and speed I think I'll eliminate most of them for the race. My rule will be, if I need a break I can walk for 1 minute only and any break has to be separated by at least 9 minutes of running. I need rules like that while I run or else everything just gets loose and I fall apart mentally.

I'll be running with a camera and maybe even a voice recorder so I can document the whole thing in a fun way. Hopefully it'll help give you a feel for what a marathon is like.

3 comments:

Sue Matthews 10/18/2007 7:29 PM  

We're looking forward to having you here and to cheering you on for the big race!

glennlavender 10/18/2007 7:37 PM  

I'm looking forward to it! Should be good times. Looks like the weather will be great!

Russ 10/20/2007 7:34 PM  

good luck glenn...weather s/b nice...other than the wind in our faces at the end. but this won't stop a marathoner will it.

Blog Archive

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP