Friday, June 20, 2008

All Right, More Goats It Is!

Apparently I have underestimated my readers. I posted on Wednesday morning about trying to raise money to buy some goats through World Vision for those in need. I wanted to do this in conjunction with my next marathon which is the Missoula Marathon in Montana. I set a modest goal of $300 which equaled 4 goats. I had no idea how much could be raised. Anyway, at the end of the day I opened my computer to see that the goal had been met already!! Amazing!! Thank you Shawn and the Broach Family! I'm going to run that marathon with a little extra energy thinking about how happy these families will be to get their goats!

I think it is now time to raise the bar since that went so quickly and there seems to be much more potential to help out than I realized. So I’m going to raise my target to $1000 which is 13 goats! That's one goat for every two miles of running. It feels too ambitious to me but I think you guys will prove me wrong.

Help buy goats!

Why did I choose goats? As I said in my previous post, goats can provide people with fresh milk, cheese, yogurt, and potentially a much-needed income boost by providing offspring and extra dairy products for sale at the market. It even provides fertilizer that can dramatically increase crop yields. So they seem like a great option and it's something tangible we can aim for too!

Again if you are able to help out click on the new First Giving box on the right or you can just click on the link below.

Give now - www.firstgiving.com/glennlavender

GL

1 comments:

Anonymous,  6/25/2008 1:30 PM  

"It even provides fertilizer that can dramatically increase crop yields."

I always want to laugh when people circumvent the disgusting nature of something by cloaking it in subtle vocabulary.

Years ago when I was in VBS the offering that week was going to buy animals for Heifer Project. I think we were trying to buy a rabbit, and I ended up being one of those kids who bursts the bubble of illusion by letting the other kids know that when the brochure talks about the great "nutrition" provided by rabbits, it means they're eating them, not keeping them as pets.

Jil

Blog Archive

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP