Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's Buy Goats!

Well it's official, late, but official. I've just signed up to run the Missoula Montana Marathon on July 13th. Less than a month away. For the first time I'm going to be running for more than just a good time too. As part of Rockstar Runners I'm working on how we will be fulfilling the "Contribute" part of our 3 C's. This will be my first race running with Team World Vision. Those of you who know me know I've been associated with World Vision for a long time now (10 years I think). I believe in World Vision and what they do and want to do what I can to increase their ability to help others. So for this race I have set a modest goal of raising enough money to provide 4 goats to families in need. That's a measly $300 to raise to provide some people with fresh milk, cheese, yogurt, and potentially a much-needed income boost by providing offspring and extra dairy products for sale at the market. It even provides fertilizer that can dramatically increase crop yields.

Give now.

So I'm asking you to help me achieve this by giving $5, $10, $25, $50 or whatever you can give. My American friends, this is especially aimed at you as you are the only ones who can get a tax receipt for your gift. We're working on a Canadian option but we're not quite there yet. However, Canadians if you are willing to give that would be great too, there will just be no tax receipt.

Click here or on the new First Giving box on the right.

Help me out! Let's buy goats!!

GL

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Stat Counter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP